1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Original biscuits
2 large chicken breasts
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon red pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon celery salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise, then half again horizontally to create 8 thin, triangle-shaped pieces of chicken.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour and spices. In a second small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on top of a medium-hot stove.
- Open the Pillsbury™ Grands!™ and place them on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While your biscuits are baking, dip the chicken pieces into the egg and milk mixture, then into the spiced flour mixture. Fry in the hot oil.
- Whisk together the melted butter and honey.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and use a basting brush to spread melted honey butter on top of the biscuits. Slice each biscuit in half, then place a piece of cooked chicken in the center. Serve with orange juice and enjoy!