You can’t beat a fresh juicy peach on a hot summer day, but you can come close with this delightful smoothie.
It’s easy to whip up for breakfast, a snack, or as a healthy dessert. And this is sure to be a favorite with kids, especially the picky ones.
Before I get to the recipe let’s take a quick look at a few of the health benefits attributed to the ingredients in this smoothie.
5 Health Benefits of this Smoothie
- Mucho Vitamin C: Peaches and strawberries are high in this key vitamin.
- Antioxidants Galore: You’ll get plenty of these free radical scavengers from this smoothie.
- Anti-Inﬂammatory Action: Kick inflammation to the curb with the anti-inflammatory action of peaches, strawberries, and cinnamon.
- Good Digestion: Ensure proper digestion, and colon health, with the dietary fiber found in the fruit and probiotics in the yogurt.
- Additional Vitamins and Minerals: Besides being high in vitamin C, this smoothie also contains good amounts of beta carotene, calcium, magnesium, manganese, folate, iodine, potassium, and vitamins B1 and K.
1 cup water
1 cup fresh or frozen peach slices
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3-5 ice cubes
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup spinach or other leafy green vegetable
1 tablespoon coconut oil
- If desired, set aside a few strawberry slices for garnish. Place the remaining berries in a blender; add the peaches, yogurt and sugar. Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses; sprinkle with cinnamon. Garnish with reserved berries.